Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oh look! I'm in the right country

  When I got to my hotel, I opened up the toiletries they provided, only to be confronted with this tiny tube of toothpaste. It is an inch long.
  Other perks of my room include a heated toilet seat and a yukata so that I can lounge in style. When you enter the room, you place your room key in a little slot and it turns on the light and heat to your room. Since the light stays on as long as the card in is the slot, you have to take it out before you sleep. This results in the heat turning off. If the weather was colder this might bother me, but it's warm enough here that I don't need the heat.







   Due to jet lag, these are the only photos I've taken so far. Expect more soon.

   I took these on a little walk down to an Aeon mall. I hoped to find a grocery store there and was not disappointed. So far, I have been eating: onigiri, bread and jam, nikuman, gyoza, and gyuudon. I also foolishly tried to eat an octopus/cucumber/seaweed(?) salad. I have also been on a quest to find a big, delicious cup of coffee. So far, I have found a tiny, delicious cup of coffee, and a large, disgusting cup of coffee. Although there are a reasonable number of coffee shops in the vicinity, nobody seems to be what I would call addicted to coffee. They seem to want to sit down and sip it while they flip through the paper, rather than chug it while they rush to the train. But maybe this is just because here, nobody ever eats or drinks while they walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment