Friday, April 19, 2013

Evening Excursions




   This is one of the creeks that feeds into the river. It's behind a supermarket close to my apartment.

   The other evening I went for a stroll. The easiest place to walk is along the river, and I decided to head towards the East this time. 


   This is the back of a hotel. That blue door looks like something out of Portal to me.




   It was very warm this past week. It crept up into the 70s on Wednesday and Thursday, and I didn't even feel the need to wear a sweater in my apartment. However, it looks like it's going to get cold again this weekend.


    I think this is the same creek as the one in the first picture. This is where it feeds into the river. It ran under the path I was standing on.


   This evening I took a 30 minute drive west towards an Aeon mall. The road there was lined with shops and strip malls, and it was both ugly and comforting, since it reminded me a little bit of the US. The mall was huge and it had a gigantic supermarket on the ground floor, plus a multitude of other food stores and restaurants. I found a foreign goods store that had exotic foods like salsa, taco seasoning, olives, Indian-style curry paste, peanut butter, oatmeal, a tiny selection of western beers, and, most importantly, coffee!!! Coffee with the country of origin clearly marked and not roasted into tiny lumps of coal. I picked out some Brazilian beans that looked lightly roasted. We'll see if they're any good tomorrow. I also bought a small jar of Smucker's peanut butter.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment