Monday, April 8, 2013

The Suit and Rail

   So far, even on sunny days, it's been very hazy in my town. But today, for the first time, it was clear enough for me to see something new. Way off in the distance, I saw huge, snow covered mountains to the north and east. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take pictures until dusk, so I'll have to show them here another day.

   Instead, I took some pictures of the train station! It's small, but trains come through twice an hour.


   I'll take the train if I want to visit the city, because parking is probably more expensive than a train ticket, and driving is only slightly faster. 


   Speaking of which, I seem to be getting excellent mileage on my tiny car. I ought to, considering that I can feel it buffeted by the slightest gust of wind.  


    In other news, I finally found a dry cleaner's for my suits. Over the weekend, I drove all over looking for an open one, but they were all closed. I was driving back to one today but missed the turn, and as I pulled into a parking lot to turn around, I realized that I was in the parking lot for a different one! The lady who ran it even walked out as I pulled up and welcomed me in.
   Finding a dry cleaner's was a bit of an ordeal because of what they are called. They call them "Cleaning" or "kuriiningu"/ クリーニング. Meanwhile, they call their clinics "kurinikku"/ クリニック. You can see how similar they look. So I'd be driving around and catch sight of what looked like a Cleaner's, only to discover that it was a Clinic.


No comments:

Post a Comment